family pic 2012

family pic 2012

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting Old


This is what "old" looks like, just so you know. Thanks to my budding photographer of a five year old, I actually have a picture of my "aged" self. (Funny how the mom is always the one on the other end of the camera) My sister called on my birthday to inform me that I was officially "OLD" in case I didn't know. I happen to have a few friends with more birthdays than me who may disagree with her. Since I boycotted making my own birthday cake and my husband is no where to be found these days (nor does he bake) I put a candle in an ice cream cone after my RS meeting that evening and let the kids sing happy birthday to me. Luckily, I have some AWESOME friends who took pity on me, and I got a cake anyway (Thanks Rachel!). I got chocolate chip cookie dough brownies the day before, but they didn't last long enough to get their picture taken.




On the subject of aging, I took pictures of my kids today for their grandma, and I can't help wondering how they grow up so fast...





2 comments:

  1. So happy you blogged. And you tell your sister we are not old. Those are fighting words and I'll fight her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, if it makes you feel better I'll always be a year older than you. Happy Birthday! On a side note, I can't believe that Evie finally has hair. Bry's is still pretty short, but it is exciting to be able to put it in little piggy tails. What super cute kids.

    ReplyDelete